FULL TIME & PART TIME FARM HANDS
As our pig family grows, we are urgently looking for 2 enthusiastic farm hands for our lovely farm here in Amersham to join our dedicated team in helping us look after our animals and grounds.
1 Part Time Farm Hand : 24 hours per week
1 Full Time Farm Hand : 40 hours per week
We are looking for individuals with a can-do attitude. You must be confident, friendly, approachable, and physically able to keep up with a farming environment. We require enthusiastic animal lovers with the aptitude to care for our animals and the confidence to interact with the public and lead small tour groups.
- Genuine interest in animals and animal welfare is essential.
- Previous animal welfare/agricultural (or related) experience is desirable but not essential.
- Customer service experience is preferable but not essential.
- Driving licence is preferable but not essential.
The role will be varied, and full training will be given throughout all areas of the farm. This role includes (but is not strictly limited to);
- Cleaning and mucking out the animal enclosures to a high standard and following their specific diet plans to ensure they have all they need.
- Maintaining the farm and keeping work areas tidy and hygienic.
- Independently lead small tour groups around the farm.
- Willingness to assist customers in our shop area when required.
- Following planning & instructions from Management.
- Feeding animals.
- Reporting any issues with animals or customers to the manager (injuries, broken equipment etc.)
- Animal welfare checks.
- Grooming/bathing animals when required
- Assisting with the physical aspects of farm maintenance when required (moving wood chips & muck by wheelbarrow, digging wallows etc.)
- Animal handling
- Assisting with on-site and off-site events when required
- Shop re-stocking and cleaning
- Restocking feed bins etc.
- Assisting volunteers and work placements
- Watering plants and veggies
The farm can be a fast paced environment so you must be able to work well alone and be self-motivated; a strong work ethic is key.
WEEKENDS AND SCHOOL HOLIDAYS INCLUDED
- Outdoor working environment
- Opportunity to learn and grow your role within the team
- On-site parking
- 50% off experiences for friends and family
- Small dedicated team environment
- Interaction with the community
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- 8am - 4pm
- Starting salary is national minimum wage for your age
Please email your interest and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We can't wait to meet you!!!
FREELANCE EVENT STAFF
We are looking for freelancers to assist with offsite events, parties, school, TV & PR visits.
Job duties include assisting with transporting the pigs to the venue, setting up the area, assisting with running the events and clearing up the venue. This will involve evening and weekend work.
Key attributes: an interest in animals, great customer service, presentable, approachable, organised, capable of taking instructions, over 18
To apply, please email email@example.com with your CV and 1 reference. £9 - £10 per hour.
You can apply to be a volunteer at our farm. Perfect for someone who loves pigs and would enjoy working on a farm in their free time. Please fill out the below form, with all of your details, and we will contact you back! All volunteers must be over 17 and must be capable of working on a farm with livestock and able to take instruction for supervisors. Own transport is essential.