For all applications - please email your CV and Covering Letter
Role Type: Permanent, but seasonal
We are looking for individuals with a can-do attitude. You must be confident, friendly, approachable, and physically able to keep up with a farming environment. We require enthusiastic animal lovers with the aptitude to care for our animals and the confidence to interact with the public and lead small tour groups.
- Genuine interest in animals and animal welfare is essential.
- Previous animal welfare/agricultural (or related) experience is desirable but not essential.
- Customer service experience is preferable but not essential.
- Cleaning and mucking out the animal enclosures to a high standard and following their specific diet plans to ensure they have all they need.
- Maintaining the farm and keeping work areas tidy and hygienic.
- Independently lead small tour groups around the farm.
- Willingness to assist customers in our shop area when required.
- Following planning & instructions from Management.
- Feeding animals.
- Reporting any issues with animals or customers to the manager (injuries, broken equipment etc.)
- Animal welfare checks.
- Grooming/bathing animals when required
- Assisting with the physical aspects of farm maintenance when required (moving wood chips & muck by wheelbarrow, digging wallows etc.)
- Animal handling
- Assisting with on-site and off-site events when required
- Shop re-stocking and cleaning
- Restocking feed bins etc.
- Assisting volunteers and work placements
- Watering plants and veggies
WEEKENDS AND SCHOOL HOLIDAYS INCLUDED
FREELANCE EVENT STAFF
- assisting with transporting the pigs to the venue
- setting up the area,
- assisting with running the events,
- clearing up the venue
You can apply to be a volunteer at our farm. Perfect for someone who loves pigs and would enjoy working on a farm in their free time. Please fill out the below form, with all of your details, and we will contact you back! All volunteers must be over 17 and must be capable of working on a farm with livestock and able to take instruction for supervisors. Own transport is essential.